Fan Music Videos
Welcome to another year of the SoDak Fan Music Video Contest!
Please be sure to read through all of these rules before submitting your video. A few important things to keep in mind, please remember that submitting a video is not a right, and that we are aware that some mistakes can be made, both on the editor's end and our own. If any mistakes are made by either party, we are in hopes that with the following process to submit your FMV's there will be ample amount of time to correct any errors before the convention begins.
- Please...do not send us the ONLY copy of your video, as it will most likely not be returned to you at the end of use.
- Each individual may submit up to 3 videos to this contest.
- All videos may not have been submitted to any prior SoDak FMV event or convention.
- FMV max time limit is 10 minutes. (Unless you have valid reason for it to run longer.)
- Videos may not include any scenes of extreme graphic or sexual content. We do understand that this is an Geek con, and some artistic content will be permitted, but the judging staff reserves the right to disqualify any video they deem in poor taste.
- Specific times and dates for FMV events during the convention will be announced at a later date.
- Special seating arrangements will be made for attending editors and assigned during the event.
- As issues and interesting situations arise, the staff of SoDak does reserve the right to add or change these rules at anytime
Requirements and Important Details
Submission Due Date: All videos must be submitted online to the FMV Staff via the form by midnight, June 18th, 2016.
Title Bumpers: Please do not include title bumpers to your videos. Title bumpers are defined as anything before or after the video itself that says what the video is, or who made it. We will be adding uniform title bumpers to each video shown in the contest. If your video is submitted with a title bumper, the SoDak FMV staff reserves the right to edit out the bumper to comply with our standards. We have a tremendous amount of experience in this matter so there is little room to worry, but it is best that you make these cuts yourself rather than have us do it.
Submissions: All video submissions must be accompanied with appropriate video and editor contact information. Failure to providing full information can lead to disqualification of one or all of your videos. Please provide the following information.
Also for each video provide the following information:
There are two methods in which you may send in your entries:
Video Formats: We would prefer that your file arrives as either a MPEG or AVI. Yes we can convert several types of formats such as .WMV and others, but we prefer that you handle the conversion yourself so you are happy with the quality output. We have a lot of hard drive space available and would rather sacrifice size over quality, so please do not be afraid to send us the best quality video you have, we are projecting on screens over 20 feet wide and we want your video to look as good as much as you do. Make sure the video editors name is in the file name when submitting a video. We take a great deal of care to match up the correct video with the correct editor, but it can be hard to distinguish files when they all read (BleachAMV.mpg) or (FFXvid.avi)
We will do our best to confirm each entry as quickly as we can, but please be patient with us if these confirmations are not immediate; the FMV staff has other responsibilities to attend to outside the contest as well. Also be aware that history has shown that a majority of videos will come in the last week leading into the deadline, as a result it becomes more difficult to confirm each video as it comes in as we prep the entire event.
We can't wait to see what you guys have up your sleeves!
Categories for FMVs
If there is no or only one entry for a category they may be entered into a different category to make it fair for all who enter.