Frequently Asked Questions
- How old are the attendees/What is your general attendance? :: The majority of our attendees range between 13-25 years of age, however, we do pride ourselves on being an All Ages event. Every year since the convention launched we have just about doubled or trippled our attendees. Our average last year was between 900 people per day and this year's projections based on pre-registration is already looking to head in the same direction. We are excited to have all of you and appreciate all of the convention support we have received from the local and extended anime community and can't wait to see what the up coming season brings.
- How safe is this event and will there be security? :: The convention itself will have trained and licensed security on staff during all operating hours of the convention. SoDak Con strives to make it a safe place for all fans and work hard every year to keep it that way.
- What is considered appropriate attire/If I wear a costume/cosplay does it have to be anime related? :: During the entire convention we are highly supportive of both cosplay/costuming as well as street clothes. We are an all age's event, however, and do require you to maintain all questionable area's covered. This is not gender specific and both genders must cover their nipples and their downstairs just as they would have to in public. If you want to walk around with a costume based off of western, eastern, or various other culturistic attire we would be more than happy to have you. We are all fans of all types of appreciative display so we will not limit what you can come in as costume. We've even had Star Trek and Doctor Who panels in the past and are sure there will be a variety of other cultures to be seen in the future.
- What are the hours of the event? :: A full convention schedule will be posted shortly after the closing of pre-registration, and a hard copy will be available in the program guide that will be handed out during the convention. We are still currently developing 2017's Programming!
- Are there any events that are for Mature audiences only? :: We are very happy and proud to be an All Age's Convention, however, we do have a few main events/panels that will require a photo ID or Passport in order to be admitted into the rooms. These events are clearly marked on the program schedule for everyone's convenience.- We have many events that are appropriate for all ages, however there may be some content that is questionable for minors. Any attendee who would like to participate in 18+ panel will be required to produce a valid drivers license , state ID card or Passport to be admitted.
- Is there a minimum age limit? :: All Ages are accepted and encouraged to enjoy themselves at SoDak Con! All we ask is that anyone under the age of 13 years old must be accompanied with an adult.
If you don't see your question here please feel free to send it our way under contact us!